Why do I have to pay my service fees?
The unit owners are responsible for paying the service charge (including developers in the case of unsold units). The price of the service must be set in a fair and transparent manner, and expenses must be properly recorded.
Here are a few reasons why you, as a property owner, should make sure to pay your service fees:
– When you signed the lease when you bought your house, you agreed to do so.
– You have a legal obligation to pay under Section 18 of the Multi-Unit Developments Act 2011.
– The OMC requires the funds to provide services to you, your neighbors, and your properties (such as waste collection, block insurance, and repairs and maintenance).
– If you don’t pay, you’re effectively relying on your neighbors to make up the difference.
– If you do not pay, you are causing the estate’s service levels to deteriorate.