Block Management – Annual General Meeting
According to the rules of an organization, an annual general meeting (AGM) is held once a year. You’ll need to talk about finances, board elections, and other issues that affect the entire organization during this meeting.
Here are the steps you must take:
Before the AGM, you must first agree on a date for the AGM with the company’s directors. Choose a location, preferably near the OMC. Give all members 21 working days’ notice before the AGM date.
The agenda, minutes from the previous AGM, audit reports from the previous financial year, and a proxy form will be sent out by mail or email so that members who are unable to attend the AGM can nominate someone to represent them. It is not necessary for a proxy nominee to be a member of the OMC.
Making an Agenda – Make a list of the topics you want to discuss that night.
A sample agenda:
• Introductions and welcome to the AGM
• Approval of the previous year’s minutes
• Approval of the most recent audit financial statement completed
• Election of directors – each nominee must be approved by two members of the OMC
• Any other business – general matters such as maintenance work, etc.